We speak with one unified voice.
The Louisiana Rural Ambulance Alliance (LRAA) is an association dedicated strictly to EMS. This encompasses many professionals and personal endeavors, but always focuses on what is best for EMS.
We offer opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The LRAA answers the call for the EMS industry in many forms. From educational events to Legislative testimony, and keep members apprised of and involved in the ever-changing EMS industry.
The Louisiana Rural Ambulance Alliance (LRAA) was formed in 1995 by Emergency Medical Service Providers who deliver services to the rural population of Louisiana citizens. The mission of the LRAA was, and remains so today, to serve as a convening point for EMS providers with similar delivery issues to receive education on issues specific to their delivery challenges, provide networking opportunities, and identify opporunities to work collectively for the benefit of EMS in Louisiana.
Today, the Mission of the Louisiana Rural Ambulance Alliance reflects the ideals of the founders. The staff, board of directors, and members are committed:
* to promoting emergency medical transport as a distant concern in Louisiana;
* to serving as a forum or unified voice for healthcare providers, public officials, healthcare workers, educators and consumers working to improve emergency medical transport in Louisiana;
* to providing a forum for the exchange and distribution of ideas and information related to the improvement of emergency medical transport;
* to serving as an advocate for emergency medical transport, promoting improved health status and improvement to the health system for residents of Louisiana; and
* to encouraging the development of appropriate health resources for Louisiana.
The Alliance recognizes Louisiana is unique and differs from other states in our geography, population mix and density, economic, lifestyles, values and social organization. Louisiana citizens and communities require programming and advocacy that responds to their unique characteristics and needs.
The Alliance represents ambulance services across Louisiana that participate in serving the citizens of Louisiana with emergency and non-emergency care and medical transportation services.
The Alliance is a diverse group of providers from communities, spread across the state of Louisiana, for individuals who need quality pre-hospital services within their reach. They are providers who care about improving and providing pre-hospital care in Louisiana; providers who reach hospitals, physicians and homes; providers who plan for the healthcare services provided in the towns and parishes.